Remote Infrastructure Management
The practice of remote infrastructure management (RIM) is becoming more and more common for organizations of all sizes in a wide variety of industries. This increase in popularity is because of how RIM can add value to IT systems, as well as reducing costs, increasing efficiencies and improving service availability. In general it includes remote monitoring, network monitoring and management, security services, database administration, desktop and server administration.
Infrastructure Support Functions that can be Managed Remotely
* Network services: 80%
* Internal help desk: 75%
* Servers: 70%
* Maintenance: 60%
* Administration 35%
* Mainframe: 30%
* End-user devices: 15%
Contact Us for RIM Service option.
* You can access individualized services depending on your specific requirements. This means that you can choose what you outsource and what remains on-site.
* The cost to outsource maintenance is lower than keeping a separate IT department for that purpose.
* Vendors for RIM can provide tech support around the clock and usually have dedicated teams assigned to each account.
* Service providers often perform infrastructure analysis as part of their offerings. This can help you identify and eliminate issues in your current infrastructure, improving performance and optimizing for success.
* You will have access to patch management and upgrades as needed.
* Because there is less dependency on internal IT resources, both system availability and uptime improve. RIM service providers have relationships with multiple service providers, ensuring that there is constant server uptime as well as network redundancy.
* The latest technologies available will be part of your ongoing network system strategy.